ECIR 2021 will host five workshops
- Ludovico Boratto, EURECAT, Centre Tecnologic de Catalunya – Barcelona, Spain
- Stefano Faralli, University of Rome Unitelma Sapienza – Rome, Italy
- Mirko Marras, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Giovanni Stilo, University of L’Aquila – L’Aquila, Italy
Website URL: https://biasinrecsys.github.io/ecir2021/
Providing search and recommendation algorithms that are efficient and effective has been the main goal for both the industry and academia. However, such algorithms lead to models, trained on historical data, that might exacerbate existing biases and/or user behavior. In order to provide all the stakeholders involved in the information retrieval process with more equitable results, being able to assess and mitigate these biases is a primary property for search and recommendation algorithms. In this workshop, we aim to collect novel contributions in this emerging field and to provide a common ground for interested researchers and practitioners.
Time zone: Anywhere on Earth (AoE)
January 4, 2021January 11, 2021
February 8, 2021February 15, 2021
- Camera-Ready: March 1, 2021
- Workshop: April 1, 2021 (provisional) – ONLINE EVENT
All deadlines are 11:59pm, AoE time (Anywhere on Earth).
For submission details see the BIAS website