Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ECIR 2021 will be a fully virtual conference. Nevertheless, we are committed to promoting a conference program that is convenient for people in our community all around the world, regardless of their time zone.
The schedule of the conference and its detailed program are available on this website. You can easily locate the slot(s) allotted to your presentation(s) by looking at https://www.ecir2021.eu/
We will manage tutorials, workshops, the industry day, keynotes, the panel, and full paper sessions using Zoom (https://zoom.us) and Whova (https://whova.com), while the sessions with short papers and demo papers will be held by using Gather Town (https://gather.town/). ECIR 2021 sponsors will have virtual booths on both Whova and Gather Town to engage with the attendees.
We remind you that attendance to the conference and satellite events is free for all but one author per paper accepted at the main conference. However, we strictly require that all attendees register for ECIR 2021 at https://www.ecir2021.eu/registration/ by March 25.
Regarding your presentations, we summarize below what you are expected to do:
- for FULL PAPERS, IRJ PAPERS, REPRODUCIBILITY PAPERS, CLEF PAPERS: you are supposed to (a) give a talk “live” via Zoom AND (b) submit a prerecorded video of your talk (you should have already received instructions for uploading this video from the account <email@example.com>) by March 21. The latter is for the benefit of those registrants who cannot attend the talk due to time zone issues. The maximum duration of the talk and of the video should be as follows:
- for FULL PAPERS, IRJ PAPERS, REPRODUCIBILITY PAPERS: 25 minutes (5 minutes for questions and answers NOT included)
- for CLEF PAPERS: 15 minutes (5 minutes for questions and answers NOT included)
- for SHORT PAPERS and DEMO PAPERS: you are supposed to (a) present your work “live” in an interactive session on Gather Town that (similarly to what happens in poster sessions when held in presence) lasts 3 hours, AND (b) submit a prerecorded video (length: 10 minutes) of your talk (you should have already received instructions for uploading this video from the account <firstname.lastname@example.org>) by March 21. The latter is for the benefit of those registrants who cannot attend your presentation due to time zone issues. You will be assigned a virtual desk on Gather Town with the possibility of screen sharing your desktop/slides/application. (The environment also provides you with a simulated laser pointer that supports you in the presentation.) Note that Gather Town fully supports Chrome and Firefox, while support for Safari is still in beta version. A standalone desktop application is also available at https://gather.town/download
- for TUTORIALS: you are supposed to present your tutorial “live”. The maximum duration of your tutorial should be 3 ½ hours (half-day tutorials) or 7 hours (full-day tutorials), including time for questions and answers. You do not need to submit a prerecorded video of your tutorial, but you can do so if you want, for the benefit of those registrants who cannot attend the tutorial due to time zone issues. Another possibility is that you allow us to record the tutorial during the live sessions so that we can make the video available afterwards;
- FOR DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM PAPERS: you are supposed to present your paper “live” via Zoom. You are NOT supposed to submit a prerecorded video of your talk. Please, get in touch with the chairs of the Doctoral Consortium for further information about your presentation.
Video Production Guidelines
You can record your video using an external camera or a computer web-cam. Make sure to record your computer screen with slides or demos, audio and yourself.
Tool for recording: Zoom (https://zoom.us/download)
Format Encoding: MPEG-4 (.mp4)
Local recording tutorial: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-recording
All videos should be recorded in 720p (HD) format and the file size should not exceed 200 MBs.
FULL PAPERS, REPRODUCIBILITY TRACK PAPERS, and IRJ PAPERS: The presenters are expected to upload a prerecorded video that does not exceed 25 minutes (720p).
CLEF PAPERS: The presenters are expected to upload a prerecorded video that does not exceed 15 minutes (720p).
DEMO PAPERS and SHORT PAPERS. The presenters are expected to upload a prerecorded video that does not exceed 10 minutes (720p).
Video Submission Guidelines
The video should be submitted to the conference portal. Instructions on how to submit the corresponding information has been sent to the authors via a separate email from the address “ECIR 2021″<email@example.com>. If you haven’t received yet an email for submission of the video, please contact us at <LocalOrgCommittee@ecir2021.eu>.
- Speakers receive a setup link similar to this: https://whova.com/xems/engage/speaker/xxx/yyy/
- Open the link, fill in or update your information such as your bio and photo if needed.
- To upload a pre-recorded video, click Add Video in the relevant session, and choose the video source to upload. Remember that the video should be recorded as .mp4 and should not exceed the maximum size of 200MB.
- Click Save once everything is done.
- You can come back to update info whenever needed.
Poster Submission Guidelines
Short and demo authors have to send us BEFORE MARCH 26 a poster following the formatting requirements of GatherTown:
- File format: PNG or JPEG
- Width: 1980px
- Height: 1080px
- Maximum file size: 3MB
- Minimum font size: 16px
- No transparent background
Please email your posters to firstname.lastname@example.org (CC email@example.com) no later than March 26, by using the subject “ECIR 2021 Poster [SubmissionID]”, replacing SubmissionID with the identifier of your submission and using the same identifier to name the poster file (e.g., “1.png” for submission #1).